Thursday, February 26, 2009

An Unexpected Dream

I slept less than 7 hours last nite, which isn't a lot considering I had a brutal lifting session late last evening. But, I woke up refreshed and well-rested this morning. Was it because the workout session made me sleep better? Or was it because I dreamt about someone? No, it wasn't my ex and no, it wasn't a wet dream. To be honest, I dreamt about someone extremely cute. He's in my Facebook list and I've known him only from my friend's list since Friendster times.

Except for the rare and short chats we have on MSN occasionally, I know almost NOTHING about him. At this point, let's refer to him as A. From his profile, I know A lives in KL and he's still in college doing mass comm. He IS very good-looking (in my opinion) and is a part-time model, I think. To be honest, I never did feel any interest to get to know A better, perhaps just as friends. Nevertheless, I do enjoy checking out his pictures on Facebook because I think he looks very cute and pleasant in his photos. Being someone as young AND good-looking as he is, I assume that he wouldn't be willing to commit to a monogamous relationship and is only interested in having fun. Of course, I'm not really doing him any justice by being judgemental without getting to know him, but those are just my assumptions anyways. However, I wouldn't blame him if it were true. He is young after all, and he should be enjoying himself. Also, come ON, he's a model and WAY out of my league. I am very much average at best.

Ok, ENOUGH babbling and on to the dream. There is nothing raunchy or dirty to tell (sorry to disappoint!) and I can only remember bits and pieces of it. Still, the emotions throughout the dream felt vivid. In the dream, both of us went out dating or just to hang out with each other, I can't tell. I distinctly remembered that we were happy. Both of us smiled and laughed a lot. We went to the beach for drinks to spend time together. There, we periodically held each other and talked, as if we were good friends or lovers. I felt the joy. I felt the closeness. I felt happy. Before too long, the bloody alarm rang and I woke up, albeit to a refreshed, contented and happy state.

From what I described, I guess that it wasn't really about A in the first place. I guess it was just me feeling lonely and wanting to be close to someone that I really like. Although I didn't know A in person, I did like looking at him, so I guess he fulfilled the 'someone-I-like' part of the dream. However, the closeness part was never something that I truly had in my previous 2 relationships. Nevertheless, the dream made me feel it for that fraction of the time. I think this is only the second or third time I've had a dream like this. Still, it felt very unexpected =)

Since I grew out of my teens, I couldn't remember what were my dreams about after I woke up. But this time, I recalled bits and pieces of it. It's as if the strong emotions during the dream bound fragments of it, and inexplicably fished it into conscious memory. Again, I have to stop babbling. I wonder if I will get to feel it again...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey ur just horny lah
go get someone n go do them then
u will feel better seriously trust me

Mark said...

Jeffrey, always a spicy comment from you lah. If I was horny, then the dream would be about sex, won't it?

Anonymous said...

well if i dont write honest n spicy comments to u, u wouldnt have woken up from ur lala fairy land, u will probably still be thinking of getting along with some whroes n bitches n spending ur stupid time with them. it may sound harsh but thats the only truth that u have to accept.. stop looking for anyonelike ur a desperate housewife, wait for the love to come.. if ur horny just go wank or something stop being like a slitch = slut + bitch

n btw, my name is mr.clueless k