Sunday, June 22, 2008

A Tribute to Leona Lewis

I was watching videos of Leone Lewis on YouTube and I must say, she can add another fan into the millions already adoring her. Leona Lewis is actually a winner in the 3rd season of the UK's singing talent show called The X Factor in December, 2006.

Some simple facts about Leona, taken from Wikipedia:

Real name: Leona Louise Lewis.
Age: 23
Date of birth: 3rd April 1985
Place of birth: Stoke Newington, London.
Currently, I'm sure all of you would know her through one of her greatest hits to date, Bleeding Love (embedding removed from YouTube). Since we don't get to watch The X Factor here in South East Asia, pardon my late discovery of her background. Therefore, I wanna showcase some of her videos during her time spent on The X Factor, which features her ABSOLUTELY SPECTACULAR talent in singing and her amazing, angelic voice.

Over The Rainbow (Leona's first audition):



Over The Rainbow (during The X Factor, very emotional):


Without You:



I Have Nothing:



I Will Always Love You:

Summertime (one of my absolute favourites among Leona's performances):



All by Myself:



A Moment Like This (This is the first US American Idol, Kelly Clarkson's winning song in the finals; which Leona sang in the finals of The X Factor as well. I love Leona's version more, and that's saying a lot, since I'm a huge fan of Kelly as well).



Apart of being such a singing sensation during The X Factor, her TRULY HUMBLE nature and the fact that she actually doesn't know how good she is, made her even more appealing to her adoring fans. Simon Cowell had actually said that in ALL the singing talent shows that he has ever judged for (US and UK American Idol etc), none of the female singers could ever compare to Leona's sensational singing, which I thoroughly agree. She has an amazing control, power and range in her vocals and each of her performances during The X Factor are truly phenomenal (even Simon Cowell gave her standing ovations after many of her performances).

She definitely HAS the X Factor and deserved to win, NO QUESTION about it! Leona Lewis is the embodiment of AWESOMENESS!

No comments: