Saturday, October 25, 2008

Low, Low, Low, Low...!

Nono...I ain't referring to Flo Rida ft T-Pain's Get Low. I'm referring to my financial status this year. Seriously, this year has been nothing but poop on my wallet. A series of unfortunate events (including my flat being on fire early this year), some lack of budgeting skills (okok, MY fault!) and certain impulsive investments has left my coffers running almost dry. I've spent waaay more than I can afford this year. Heck, I managed to save up a nice sum last year, this year it's mostly gone. Plus, my increment this year is rather crappy. I should count my lucky stars that there IS an increment, with the economy facing imminent meltdowns I presume.

Anyhow, this is NOT by any means a rant. After all, I still have my job which pays rather well. However, with the current state of deteriorating global economy, I'm keeping my fingers crossed hoping that no 'cost-saving' initiatives will suddenly pop-up, if you get my drift. If you don't, please by all means, read the news or watch more CNN.

I know that I can very well bounce back financially when all this CRAP STOPS HAPPENING! Hear that life? I know that my so-called predictions for those born in the year of the Monkey spells a bad financial year for me and even though I choose NOT to believe it, it's bloody October and my savings account balance needs more digits. So, perhaps it's somewhat...partially...kinda...teensy bit true after all. I guess I should patiently wait for the year to blow over, 2 more months to go.

With MORE money-spending activities and events coming up end of the year, I need to guard my spending more closely. I'm really needing the end of year bonus and profit sharing beginning next year. So my dear friends, won't you be a sweetheart and treat me for dinner more often until next year comes? *wink wink*

2 comments:

Medie007 said...

oh dear? really?
my dad's monkey too. now it's all up to us to cut down on our spendings huh...

Mark said...

Yeah loh...us monkeys gotta stick together, and throw feces at our enemies. Muahahaha XD