Saturday, September 20, 2008

Fixing My Face: The Quest Continues...

Well...not really a questlah. Just a change of plans. As you know, I've been trying to improve the appearance of my face (if you don't, go read here!). Although I've already spent a bomb and almost a left testicle on the products, under the relentless and constant nagging gentle persuasion of my mum, I decided to visit a reputable dermatologist instead. The facial sessions usually leave my face bloodied and slightly bruised in many places due to the 'necessary' albeit BRUTAL extraction process, and this gets mum and sis really worried. But seriously, aside from extracting pimples, I think that whole friggin' extraction process is aimed at testing the limits of my pain threshold, and shaving a month off my life for every stifled scream that I suppress with every ounce of my being!

Oklah, all drama aside...mum also believes that the extraction would further damage my skin, possibly induce more zits and add more scars in the long run. To these allegations, I do lend some credence. I did notice that my skin does blemish more and I get more breakouts. I don't think I'll be going for another facial session again. Now, don't get me wrong, all the other treatments and products used during the facial session DOES leave my skin feeling clean, fresher and fairer (sounds like a damn commercial already...), but put me up for another extraction, I swear I'm gonna unleash the beast within...AND NOT IN A GOOD WAY!

Don't worrylah, I only went for 3/10 sessions so far. Since it's pay per torture pay when you cum come kinda thingy, I will not grace their cash register with the other RM 700 from my coffers. Furthermore, the last 2 weeks have not been kind to me. A lot of added stress due to some personal issues, lack of sleep and insufficient rest have turned my body into a cesspool of hormonal imbalances that manifests from within into tiny pus-filled monstrosities on the moon-like surface of my face (Yes, too much information...I know!) In other words, for the past 2 weeks, zits appeared more consistently than our federal government Barang Naik's spew of bullshit and idiotic actions since the March general elections before.

So, this morning, my mum and I went to Penang Lam Wah Ee hospital to consult dermatologist Dr. Khoo Siew Swan. We also found out from one of her nurses that she is actually DAP Lim Kit Siang's daughter-in-law and is married to his other son, Dr. Lim Guan Choon, who is a cardiologist, I believe. Wah lau, Penang is just too small. After some diagnosis, I was given a cleanser, two pimple creams (1 each for day and night), a moisturizer to use only when my face feels dry and a toner to use after my face has improved. I will be back for a follow-up check in a month and if my condition improves, I won't be administered any verbal medicine to help control the acne.

The whole bill inclusive on medicine and consultation only cost RM 157.75! Earlier, mum had agreed to foot the bill in order to get me to see a dermatologist, since I'd already been extorted by the Nazi face torturers spent a lot on the beautician. BUT she revealed to me today,"Only for the first bill son!" Crafty...that woman! =P

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Following the post, how's your face after that cream?