Half a year ago, I was only a blog reader. I frequented famous blogs like Kennysia and Robby's. Then, I got hooked on fitness blogs such as Tom Venuto's and DM. Along the way, my appetite extended to famous floggers (food bloggers), especially from Penang, such as VKeong, PenangTuaPui and What2See, to name a few.
Soon enough, I decided to join the online sensation that is blogging. Here's some of the reasons why I started and continued till now:
1. I wanted to join the crowd. Yes, I'm guilty of the adopting the sheep mentality and wanting to follow the herd. Blogging is an ever growing internet trend and I want to be part of it!
2. I noticed the sheer power and influence a blogger can have on its readers, followers and other netizens. It's amazing sometimes how much a blog can influence a person's life, beliefs, thoughts and emotions. So, to quote Eric Cartman: "Respect my authoritar!"
3. I see blogging as another form of social networking in cyberspace. Since I started, I've gotten to know quite a few people, especially other bloggers whom I find intriguing, funny and friendly.
4. I can share different parts of me (not physically, but my personality!) with the world. I tend to be more brave when revealing my funny, wild, sentimental and sarcastic side in cyberspace.
6. I find it gratifying when you have people who take interest in what you write and leave comments *BIG HINT*. But ultimately, I still blog because I want to!
7. It's a great way to track my thoughts, emotions and activities. Blogging is like a public diary and is a great emotional and mental outlet for me.
8. Possibly another good way to earn more cash? Someone needs to teach me how...
So, why do you like to blog?