Part 2 is more about crime prevention and how to save yourself in certain situations.
1. Learned this from a tourist guide. If a robber asks for your wallet or purse, DO NOT HAND IT TO HIM. Toss it away from you! Chances are that he is more interested in your wallet or purse than you and he will go for the wallet/purse. RUN LIKE MAD IN THE OTHER DIRECTION!
2. If you are ever thrown into the trunk of a car, kick out the back tail-lights and stick your arm out the hole & start waving like crazy. The driver won't see you, but everybody else will. This has saved lives.
3. Women have a tendency to get into their cars after shopping, eating, working, etc and just sit there doing their cheque book, or making a list, etc. STOP DOING THIS! The predator may be watching you and this is the perfect opportunity for him to get in on the passenger side, put a gun to your head, and tell you where to go. AS SOON AS YOU GET INTO YOUR CAR, LOCK THE DOORS AND LEAVE!
4. Before getting into your car, BE AWARE. Look around you, look into your car,
at the passenger side floor, and in the back seat.
5. If you are parked next to a big van, enter your car from the passenger door. Most serial killers attack their female victims by pulling them into their vans while they are attempting to get into their cars.
6. Look at the car parked on the driver's side of your vehicle, and on the passenger side. If a man is sitting alone in the seat nearest your car, you may want to walk back into the mall or work place and get a guard or policeman to walk you back out. IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO BE SAFE THAN SORRY.
7. If you wake up in the middle of the night to hear all your taps outside running, or what you think is a burst pipe, DO NOT GO OUT TO INVESTIGATE! These people turn on all your outside taps full force so that you will go out to investigate and then attack.
8. When you walk along the road, always walk facing the traffic if you can, so that you can see whoever that's coming towards you. This is also a common sense to avoid getting hit by a vehicle from behind.
9. Especially at night, ALWAYS take the elevator instead of the stairs. Stairwells are horrible places to be alone and the perfect crime spot.
10. Ladies, if you're waking along the road, wear or hold your hand bag or purse on the side that's not facing the road. And ALWAYS be aware of any suspicious characters lingering around you. Don't just walk mindlessly. (I've seen a woman get her handbag snatched right in front of me coz she was just simply walking and swinging her expensive handbag)
11. LOCK your car AS SOON AS you get in. I know it's the same emphasis as #3 but it can really save your life to be paranoid here. It can take someone a split second to just open the door and enter after you got in, especially if they have been stalking you unnoticed. It will be too late once they get in. That is how a lot of kidnapping or robbery cases via car-jacking happens.
12. TRUST YOUR INSTINCTS! If you feel that corridor feels unsafe, someone suspicious is lurking nearby or might be following you, or something bad is about to happen, trust your instincts and take action. Quickly run, go into a public place, locate the nearest security/police area or turn back. Don't risk it because of your ego. It's not worth it.
13. If you are driving and notice that you're being followed or if someone is attempting to stop you, NEVER stop on the road. Always KEEP MOVING so that the predator cannot get to you. Drive to the nearest police station or somewhere public where you can get help.
Be safe =)