The Ramakrishna Ashrama (Orphanage), Penang is a charitable organization founded in 1938 under the inspiration and guidance of His Holiness Swami Bhaswarananda Maharaj who was then stationed at The Ramakrishna Mission, Singapore. Apart from spiritual activities, the Ashrama runs an orphanage, catering for both boys and girls with ages ranging from 6 to 20 years old.
The orphanage admits needy orphaned children who are poor and need the help from the society to assist them with basic needs and education. The children in the home are given proper education and are well cared for so that they will grow up to be useful citizens. Besides education, the girls learn traditional dancing, cooking and housekeeping. Children excelling well academically are encouraged to pursue higher education.
How to help The Ramakrishna Ashrama?
1. Sponsoring a Child Program: http://theramakrishnapg.org/2009/02/22/sponsor-a-child-program-in-ramakrishna-ashrama-penang/
The estimated cost to support a child at Ramakrishna Ashrama RM1,500 per annum. The breakdown cost is as follows:
2. Donation: https://www.cimbclicks.com.my/TIBSEPWeb/fpxPaymentToNGO_add.do?payeeId=FPXNGORAMA
Donation to The Ramakrishna can be done only via CIMB Cares (www.cimbclicks.com.my)
Orphan Admission: http://theramakrishnapg.org/2009/02/22/orphan-admission/
A child with either no parents or with a single parent who supports the child can be admitted to the Ashrama under the following circumstances:
- He/She is from age 6 and above.
- The parent or relatives has no means of supporting the child.
- The child has been mistreated or abused.
(Referred by the Jabatan Kebajikan Negeri or community leaders)
The Ramakrishna Ashrama
No 37, Jalan Scotland, 10450 Pulau Pinang